This fall it’s time to man up! Ditch your floral prints for a more tailored menswear inspired look. This will be one of the biggest trends for the fall 2012 season. I know, you’re probably tired of the “boyfriend” trend, but this season, the leaders in fashion have gone less grunge and taken more inspiration from business wear. No more baggy boyfriend jeans and over-sized button ups, it’s time to get some of our feminine curves back! The key to pulling off this trend is to take cues from your man’s closet without completely ditching your feminine clothes. Here are some key pieces to snag up this season!
1) Collard Button Up: This is one of the easiest pieces to help create the menswear look. Button your shirt all the way to your neck, through on a blazer and some slacks. Play off your femininity with chiffon material instead of a woven. I suggest wearing a statement necklace or if you’re feeling brave, throw on a cute preppy next tie. You don’t want to look like you are playing dress up so be sure to find a balance.
2) Tailored Blazer: This is my favorite piece in my closet. Be sure that you chose a blazer that is fitted in your shoulders. You don’t want it to be too slouchy. I pair my blazer with a lace top or even shorts (weather permitting). This season try it with a maxi skirt to give it a feminine flair.
3) Gold Watch: I know you have all seen them out there, so snag one up! If you’re not a gold person try rose gold, and YES, you can mix your metals! Pair this watch with different layers of bracelets to make it more of a jewelry statement. Super easy, super cute!
4) Oxfords: I will keep saying it…this is one of the key pieces you MUST have in your wardrobe for many seasons to come. They are adorable with skirts, capris, skinnies, you name it! Be sure to chose a neutral color so you won’t be so hesitant to grab them.
5) Grandpa Sweater: There are so many wonderful things about the fall, but my favorite is bundling up in all my sweaters. This season transform your sweaters by layering them over your collar shirts. I know, revolutionary right!?! This is such an easy way to get the menswear look, I bet you already have something in your closet that will work! Note: This looks adorable with the contrasting collars that are EVERYWHERE right now J
Well, there it is ladies! Be sure to complement these pieces with some of your more feminine clothes. You want to keep your feminine curves while showing men who can wear it best! Feel free to comment or ask me questions you might have about how to wear this trend!
blog comments powered by Disqus