Hot Training Tips and Recipes
- A SQUAT is probably the best compound exercise you can do. It replaces the Leg Extension, Hamstring Curl, Calf Raise, and Glute Raise. 4 isolation exercises replaced by 1 compound movement.
- A great way to increase flexibility is the Active Release. To do this, perform a stretch for 5-10 seconds release the stretch and stretch the exact opposite way and then go back into the stretch again.
- An effective method of SUPERSETTING is mixing upper and lower body. Train the upper body, and while resting do a lower body exercise.
- Protein is often neglected at breakfast. Some eggs, or museli with nuts/seeds/milk, protein are good options in the morning followed by small cans of tuna, almonds and protein shakes throughout the day to keep your protein intake up.
- An easy way to interval train is the 8/12 method. Perform your cardio of choice as fast as you can for 8 seconds then slow down for 12 seconds and repeat!!
Here is a great recipe for some quick and easy protein for everyone in the morning.
I usually pop these in the oven and hit the shower. They are ready when I’m out!
Spray muffin pan generously with EVOO cooking spray, put one egg and one egg white in each muffin cup of pan (you can use liners if you want i don’t though), put in a ton of veggies like mushrooms, spinach, onion, bell pepper, whatever you like! I add a bit of sea salt and pepper with part skim shredded mozzarella and bake 20 min. at 350 degrees. These keep in the fridge for several days and reheat in the microwave nicely. I also like to put chili powder and salsa on top for a nice kick. Serve with fruit.
blog comments powered by Disqus