Winner of the Blogger Cocktail Challenge

April 1, 2014

allison_cocktail_billingsWe challenged our bloggers to come up with the best cocktail made with Trailhead Spirits Vodka.  Bloggers rated each others cocktails to come up with 60% of the score and you, our audience, voted for the other 40%.  

It was a close race between Allison and Lindsay’s cocktails. Allison made the slushy “Grandma Ohman’s Rhubarb Pie” and Lindsay, the “Cherry Limeade.” When it came to the blogger ratings Allison was the clear winner.  In the public vote, Lindsay beat Allison by just one vote.  So, overall, Allison came out on top as our first Cocktail Challenge Winner!

However, Allison is a partner in Billings365 and we’re not going to give ourselves the prize! So of course, we awarded the $100 Downtown Billings Gift Card to Lindsay, our runner up.

Allison said, “While I was thrilled to win the competition, Lindsay’s Cherry Limeade was actually my favorite (besides my own)!”

lindsay_cherry_limeade_billingsAdditionally, one of you who voted was awarded a $35 gift card to Trailhead Spirits. Check your email to see if it was you!

Thanks to all who voted. We hope you had fun reading the cocktail recipes. And, I do recommend that you try them all (except for mine…it really didn’t turn out quite right!).


Profile photo of jessica

by jessica
Jessica enjoys taking her kids out to the local parks or to the zoo followed by a stop for some self-serve yogurt. When she gets to enjoy a night out with her husband, they enjoy supporting live music and comedy and dinner and drinks at a local eatery. Jessica is happy to feature Things to Do in Billings and the surrounding area on

Next Up

4 Smart Eating Tips from Shape Up Montana

This article was provided by Shape Up Montana.  Shape Up Montana is a fun, interactive three-month team competition from February 1 — May 1 that encourages Montanans to develop healthy physical activity and eating habits.  Find out more information and plan to get signed up for the program next year!    These four Food4Fuel healthy eating strategies can help anyone... read more »

comments powered by Disqus
close ad