ZooMontana invites you to have A Wild Affair this Saturday

April 1, 2014


Who wouldn’t want to take part in A Wild Affair? I mean, it’s exciting, high energy and the passion is out of this world. So many times, we all get stuck in the same monotonous schedule, trudging through the same routine day in and day out. We at ZooMontana say enough is enough! Open your minds and have an Affair that you will talk about for years to come. And heck, bring your spouse too!

Now, before you put that complaint letter in the mail about the perverse writings and ideology at ZooMontana, take a deep breath and relax. We’re talking about our annual fundraiser, “A Wild Affair”, not a late night rendezvous. This is a dinner/auction unlike any you’ve been to.  Full of energy, this evening promises a nonstop, show-like atmosphere, complete with your favorite animals. Lynx, snakes, raptors and even bugs will raid the Northern Hotel as the Zoo over takes the posh hotel for a night of lavish fundraising.

Auction items including wine valley trips, original art from Harry Koyama, jewelry, hot tubs, art by animals and yes, even guns will be available for the highest bidder. Tickets for the insanely incredible raffle are priced so everyone can afford a shot to win, making this a fundraiser where every dollar counts. Be a part of the Bird of Prey pledge, an opportunity for you to get your name on the Zoo’s newest exhibit being constructed this summer.

Be prepared to dine on one of the most unique menus of any fundraiser you’ve attended. No rubber chicken here, we’re talking stuffed Cornish hen, pan fried chicken sausage and quail and even a vegetarian quinoa dish awaits your pallet. The chefs at the Northern promise to leave no detail out as they prepare your dinner with precision.

Proceeds from the evening will allow ZooMontana the opportunity to continue our march forward to being one of the most competent and important zoological institutions in the country. Dollars raised will go directly to the care and enriching of our animal residents as well as to the rapidly growing education program. The Zoo’s education program, affectionately known as EdZoocate, seeks to improve the human-nature connection by developing outdoor learning opportunities that spark children’s interests while simultaneously improving their science literacy. Furthermore, support will allow us here at the Zoo to continue the great community collaboration that we hold so dear.

This past year, ZooMontana donated over $15,000 in passes and memberships back to the community. 2014 is no exception to the rule and we look forward to old and new partnerships and will host several community events, including the March of Dimes Walk, the Cystic Fibrosis Walk, the Buddy Walk and the Make a Wish Foundation’s 5K race, “Race the Rabbit”, just to name a few. The community of Billings and the surrounding regions have been so incredibly generous to us and our mission to bring the Zoo back and for that we are grateful and extremely appreciative.

So come and have some fun with us. Act on that little fantasy that burns inside of you and have an Affair. A Wild Affair in fact, happing Saturday April 5th at 5:30pm at the Northern Hotel. Tickets are still available and you can get yours by calling (406) 652-8100. We promise, it’s the safest Affair you’re bound to have!


This guest post is by Jeff Ewelt, Executive Director of ZooMontana.  Jeff uses his knowledge, humor and training expertise to educate audiences worldwide about the importance all animals play in our everyday world.  Find Jeff the Nature Guy and ZooMontana on Facebook.

Profile photo of guest

by guest

Next Up

Winner of the Blogger Cocktail Challenge

We challenged our bloggers to come up with the best cocktail made with Trailhead Spirits Vodka.  Bloggers rated each others cocktails to come up with 60% of the score and you, our audience, voted for the other 40%.   It was a close race between Allison and Lindsay’s cocktails. Allison made the slushy “Grandma Ohman’s Rhubarb Pie” and Lindsay, the... read more »

comments powered by Disqus
close ad